Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pineapple Salsa!

This recipe is SO easy and it is really good! I made this Monday night and served it over some chopped up pork loin and turned it into tacos and it was really good :)  I always say my hubby is the hardest person to convince because he's into eating healthy...as long as it tastes good.  So with this whole clean eating, i've had to get a little creative with sauces and spices.  Like i said, i made it with tacos but i'm sure would be great at a party to dip with some pita bread, or over some chicken, get creative!  Enjoy :)





Ingredients:
1 whole pineapple
1 red bell pepper
1 green onion (the smaller ones)
small bunch of spinach
1 lemon
1 jalapeno (optional)

chop the pineapple, bell pepper, green onion, spinach, and jalapeno into really small pieces (can use a food processor if you want).  When chopping the pineapple, don't discard the juice (that gets EVERYWHERE).  Pour it into the container you will be storing your salsa in.  Put all your ingredients in, juice the whole lemon and mix well.  Salsa is done! 

I need to work on getting nutrition facts for these recipes, but I guess since they are all natural I haven't been too concerned with it.  Will work on this!
share on: facebook

1 comment:

  1. I want to make this for our trip to the lake this weekend!! Sounds so good and easy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Views